ITS ALWAYS 2 THINGS

The last couple of weeks have been somewhat eventful..
Watched Dark Knight a couple of days in DVD ... I'm probably the millionth person you've heard saying this, but its brilliant. By far the best super hero movie I've seen, and I suspect it will retain that position for a while (until the sequel comes out).
Its been quite a while since I've watched a really good movie in a theater, and this sequel did the complete opposite of what most do.
Firstly I love the touch of realism Christopher Nolan has brought to the world of Batman, pretty interesting, especially since Batman's primary appeal is the darker side, as well as a comparatively realistic side (he's just filthy rich.. not from another planet or mutated because of a spider).
For the side-characters, the casting of Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman is just brilliant, I especially like the emphasis on Morgan Freeman's character... pulls Batman down just a little bit closer to being normal.
Don't expect the physics of everything to work out.. it is a superhero movie.
As for the three main characters... I felt even initially that the casting of Christopher Nolan was a stroke of genius. Aaron Eckhart seems to fit his part quite perfectly.
Coming to the much talked about part of the Joker... I must say, for once in life all the hype has been worth it. Despite all the build up I was still truly amazed by Heath Ledger's performance. Chilling and amazing, he brings that dark aspects of some versions of the comics right out there... The comics portray the joker as a nutty moron who laughs like an idiot. Here he's almost schizophrenic, intelligent and truly crazy.. his smiles are far more scary than they are funny.
Its a pity that his best performance turned out to be his last.
Heath Ledger for Oscar!



The storyline itself gets a little convoluted around the beginning of the second half, but even though its a long movie I must say I enjoyed every bit of it, and am really looking forward to the sequel to this.
Hopefully it wont disappoint.

On a completely different note, I learnt a valuable lesson too. Don't go somewhere with people who don't plan much if you intend to stick by a plan yourself.
I was convinced (with some considerable effort) to go somewhere, on a almost spur of the moment decision with a few friends, for a couple of days. I needed to be back, apparently they didnt really care. While there the assurances to get back got overturned as easily as the plan was made, and it resulted in me riding home in a random bus alone and quite angry, hoping to reach in time to make sure my day wasn't completely screwed up.
It isn't all that profound, I always felt many around me were "flakes", but its nice to put a profound spin to a little rant... haha...lolz